Social and Ecological Literacy 

Over the past 40 years, I have assisted adults and children from all cultures, many with mental and physical disabilities, develop successful relationships with their dogs. I have coached, mentored, and hired youth headed down the wrong path in life. I watched young people who were addicted, abused, or incarcerated become productive, healthy members of society thanks to the animals they cared for, trained, or rescued. I have rescued thousands of animals and placed them with people who also needed rescuing.

In meeting this need as an educator and trainer, I teach the ecological impact of pet ownership. Feeding our dogs and cats organically produced, meat by-product food, applying proper waste removal practices, and adopting from local shelters are all ways to lighten the ecological “paw print” left by our four-legged companions and their owners. I feel the positive impact of pet ownership on our environment outweighs the negative. Pet ownership makes people more aware of the environment they share with their four-legged companions. I also teach pet owners proper etiquette and respect for the environment shared by all. I also teach respect and kindness towards all animals, humans, and nature.