Growing up on a remote ranch in Northern Nevada, human playmates were almost non-existent. I developed intrinsic relationships with every type of animal. These child-animal relationships were essential to my well being, an intricate part of my soul.

I realize now, I was afforded the ultimate luxury of growing up unhindered in a world much different from the hectic lifestyle children know today. I had nowhere to be except where I was at any given moment, usually with the animals. The barnyard was my school and playground. Dogs, cats, horses, calves, and even the chickens were my playmates. These animals became my friends, my studies, and many of them touched my soul. I became versed in animal behavior early on. 

My fairytale beginnings were dashed when I had to board with friends away from the ranch, in Elko, a city 85 miles to the south, to attend high school. Education was imperative to our family. It was with that in mind, I carried on. I soon became depressed, over-whelmed, and withdrawn. Simply stated, I missed the animals. As my grades began to suffer, my enlightened parents allowed me to return to town with my horse and dog. This was one of hundreds of times throughout my life animals saved me.   Animals were the answer and I wanted to help others find those answers as well. I didn’t understand why people needed help forming these relationships when they came so natural for me. Armed with knowledge of animal behavior and my pay-it-forward attitude, I began my career helping develop human-canine relationships. After realizing I had much to learn on the psychology of human relationships, and once I implemented what I learned about human psychology, I was able to help others develop meaningful relationships with their dogs.