The community-based learning program gives me the freedom to be self-directed. In my past schooling experiences, I tended to quickly lose my drive for the subject because of the format of learning. I simply had different needs and interests than most when it came to routine and subject matter. Now I understand that I thrive on spontaneity and I am driven by subjects that inspire me such as whole systems' design, which is not a common area of study.

Whole Systems' design is the future, at least for me. It's an emerging area of study, yet an ancient one. Tribes and indigenous civilizations were very aware of nature as a flow of energies and as relationships and interactions of elements. I'm finding this is my passion and pursuit: the relationships of elements that create the system that they exist within. Examples of subjects/sciences that value the health of systems as a whole include: permaculture, music, sustainable communities and their development, agroecology, and more.

My goals are to deepen my understanding of these subjects by way of documented interaction and experience of these systems. With this gained wisdom I want to assist synchronicity with nature. I plan to start or join an organization that offers education and tools for the health/sustainability of communities and their development.

My fears about traveling down this less-trodden path mainly funnel into the different forms of failures: failure to inspire myself, failure to inspire others, failure to be innovative, and failure to withstand the pressures from conventional society. I feel fears and doubts can be healthy road markers for the individual, allowing them to see what they have overcome; it is an opportunity to persevere beyond barriers and to have the confidence and clarity to stay connected to ones dharma.