Volunteer and Service Work Portfolio

Habitat for Humanity of Northern Arizona

Through Americorps, I am a paid volunteer at Habitat for Humanity of Northern Arizona. As a paid volunteer, my position is Marketing and A Brush with Kindness Coordinator for Habitat for Humanity of Northern Arizona. My responsibilities include, administrative assistant duties, marketing and planning events, coordinating volunteers, over-seeing A Brush with Kindness events, creating Access databases, mailing lists and community involvement. I have volunteered 700 hours. And the rewards of this experience are immeasurable.

Leadercoprs of Arizona:

The Governor's Commission on Volunteerism and Service

Leadercorps is a program that brings together a small groups of Americorps members to organize, plan and implement service projects on behalf of Jan Brewer and the Governor's office. As a member of Leadercorps I have volunteered to attend several Leadership learning sessions across the state of Arizona. During these sessions, my amazingly motivated LeaderCorps team and I organized, Learn and Serve projects for schools across that state of Arizona. In order that grade school children could learn the value and joy of volunteering. My Leadercorps team is also in charge of organizing Americorps Week projects for our local region. Americorps Week is a project on the national level were we recognize past and present Americorps members, organize service projects to honor these members and thank them for their service. The team of a dozen people that is Leadercorps of Arizona, will also be planning, organizing and implementing. The Americorps state conference for 2011. This entails but is not limited to organizing, lodging, food, workshops, speakers, activities, service projects and transportation for up to 1000 Americorps volunteers. I have put in volunteer hours at this position and have learned how to organize events with a team of gifted people...and so....much more.

Americorps

Through Americorps I have had several volunteer opprotunities

that have expanded my role in my community and my connection to service.

Spaghetti Dinner at the American Legion: With a group of volunteers, I assisted in serving a wonderful spaghetti dinner to veterans at the Flagstaff American Legion.

Caesar Chaves Day Care-Kits for Women and Children: With a group of volunteers from a variety of community organizations, I volunteered to help make care-kits for women and children at the local women's shelter. These kits included, hygiene products, books, clothes and other things that the women and children in distress might need.

Earth Day Education Booth: I worked at the Earth Day booth as an Americorps

volunteer to educate the community on the programs that Americorps does that benefit the environment, social justice and the living community.

Taala Hooghan

Taala Hoogan is a local Native American organization that serves the entire community with literature, teach-ins, social activities, and a Free Free Market. I donate to the Taala Hoogan and volunteer for many of their activities. They are an amazing group of people who have taught me much about life through traditional Native American games.